Friday, October 31, 2008

Top 10 Halloween Songs - Monster Mash NOT Included

I thought it was about time that I updated my Halloween “playlist”. I LURV Halloween/Dia de los Muertes. A lot. And music is just all part of it. If you don’t get the willies when hear Tubular Bells from the Exorcist, you need to check your pulse. But let’s face it – not easy to dance to. So here are my current favorite Halloween jams:

  1. Vampire Girl by Jonathan Richman – Jonathan gets “intrigued when they look like a vampire girl.” My kinda fella.
  2. I Put a Spell on You by Sreamin’ Jay Hawkins – Okay, it’s a cliché, but sometimes it’s a cliché because it’s true. Play it for your sweetie.
  3. Dead Man’s Party by Oingo Boingo – Best zombie song ever.
  4. Zombie by the Cranberries – Best zombie song . . . oh wait a minute.
  5. Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon – Even Tom Cruise looks cool lip-synching this one.
  6. Halloween by Dave Matthews Band – Love is scary.
  7. Vampires, Mummies and the Holy Ghost by Jimmy Buffett – I’m with you Jimmy. These are the things that “scare me the most” too.
  8. The Time Warp by Riff Raff – For all my sweet transvestites out there.
  9. Psycho Killer by the Talking Heads – Come on. David Byrne is scary.
  10. I Want CandyHellz yeah!

And a #11 Bonus - Don't Stop Me Now by Queen - If you've seen Shawn of the Dead, you know why. And hell, it's Queen.

4 comments:

Desiree' said...

I like Oingo Boingo (who doesn't!) and Zombie and The Time Warp. It's just a jump to the left.

FirePhrase said...

Good memories from Oingo Boingo.

My office has a tradition of doing the Time Warp at office holiday parties. Drunk people doing the Time Warp. Scary.

Desiree' said...

Yes, we play it at every party. Rocky Horror is one of my mom's favorite movies.

WashingtonGardener said...

I was just singing "Creature of the Night" From Rocky Horror in my last shower - I think it is the best song from that musical - though all of the songs are fun to belt out.
I don't know that Jimmy Buffet one...
I would add Alice Cooper's Poison and Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil - but I rock hard that way.
Can't forget "Ghostriders in the Sky" - an all-time classic!
On the softer side "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" - any of the covers.

TIME: Quotes of the Day