Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tip Top Design

Oh!  Oh!  Oh!  EXCITEMENT!!

Okay, I decided to watch Top Design's new season tonight.  Actually, I was too lazy to look for anything else to watch.  But this season seems to be more or less what the last season was.  Cat fights and throw pillows.  If it weren't for the excellent Todd Oldham (I'm sitting on a Todd couch by the way - adore him) I wouldn't even have bothered.  Jonathan Adler still looks like he smells something funny.  Maybe it's his sweaters.

Anyway.  The real point is that next week.  The guest clients are past Project Runway designers.  I spotted Chris March, Santino, Sweet Pea and Andre!  Ahhhhhh!  It's like a fantasy land for me!  Oh, my god.  They are going to make those bitches work!!  DVR is on record.

5 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

I love this season of Top D so far - Wizzit and the designer from Martha Stewart Mag are my two fave queens - cannot WAIT for Santino and Andre - dreams do come true - sigh.

FirePhrase said...

Okay, I'm still fuzzy on the names, but Wizzit I've got. Is the guy from Martha the one with the green bow tie who was with Rick Schroeder's (huh-wah?) wife? Cause I kind of loved his vibe.

I was a little peeved that the architect got sent home. Her partner was the one who basically forced the split room, which was what the judges hated. Not fair. And he was kind of a whiner. I always appreciate it when the whiners get culled from the herd early.

FirePhrase said...

And I KNOW - Santino and Andre, together again. Where's Tim?

WashingtonGardener said...

Yes, the MS guy was the one who did the trees on the wall and they won - although I thought that Wizzit and his partner should've actually won this one.
I'm abivalent on both the architect and the whiner leaving - neither were that great in week one or showedthat much promise.

FirePhrase said...

I thought Wizzit and his partner did a brown nosing with the "we're getting married" thing. Like design people wouldn't suck that up with a straw. A little too precious. But their design was good.

And it looked like they're giving Todd more time to mentor this year, which is a real draw for me, since I love his aesthetic. I may be watching for real this season.

TIME: Quotes of the Day