Thursday, August 21, 2008

March on the Runway

I'm going to jump on Project Runway, because I'm so happy with the Auf this week. Spoilage all over the place in here.

First, and most importantly, I've perfected my Heidi Klum impression. Okay it's only one word "Hello!", but it is dead smack on. Killer.

Number two: drag queens. What a fan-freaking-tastic idea. It shows the outer edges of creativity plus demands excellent construction (I'm looking at you, Blayne, with your sad little droopy, last pinata at the fiesta costume. You were lucky, little man. I'd have aufed ya, fer sure.). Bonus points to the PR production staff for that one.

Number three: Well done on Joe. That spangly pink sailor suit on Ms. Merman was phenomenal! Her ass looked a pair of pink Hostess sno-balls. I knew Joe had it when he said it was like designing a Halloween costume for one of his daughters. Ding ding ding! Got it in one, hon.

And on to number four: Mr. High End Tastes. Bitch, please. You do a stage costume for a drag queen - no feathers, no rhinestones, no sequins. Just a few cha-cha ruffles? If I was his gal, I'd have crushed Daniel under my size 13 platform stilettos. What a twerp. And he called the drag queens tacky to their faces. Wow. Just wow. Stunning. Good riddance to whiney rubbish.

And lastly, how nice was it to see Chris March? I'm starting to feel very strongly that he was the best PR personality - EVER. That interplay between him and Heidi as they walked off the runway was completely delish. When does he get his own show?

5 comments:

Desiree' said...

I thought it was an awesome episode. Only drag queens could have bigger personalities than some of those designers! I thought the pink sailor suit was perfect. And Daniel was clueless about the challenge as usual. Listen to the rules dodo! And please, of course it has to be tacky. That is one of the key style elements to being a drag queen. Where you been, in a closet? Anyway, spectacular episode.

PS. New blog!

FirePhrase said...

Those gals were a lot of fun, weren't they? Just the shot in the arm this season needed.

PPS - I'm on my way!

Desiree' said...

Also thought that RuPaul was very sassy. You go girlfriend!

WashingtonGardener said...

Loves me some CHris M - But NO ONE tops Santino in the personality zone - I STILL laugh and say to myself "Where's Andre" when I'm in a crowded elevator - OMG - hilarious!

They MUST do this challenge each season now -

FirePhrase said...

Santino does have to be up there on the out-sized personality list. But nobody can be that crazy Chris March laugh.

One episode? Why does Bravo not have Top Queen? Or Drag Wars? Bravo, call me. I want a production credit.

TIME: Quotes of the Day