Monday, July 21, 2008

Oh, baby!!

Just found out that one of my very young oldest friends is having a baby. How cool is that? No matter how many people have babies, when you find out one of your friends is having one it suddenly becomes the greatest thing in the world.

Okay, I'll admit some of it is self-serving. As long as other people are willing to propagate the species, well . . . less work for me.

But even so. There is an element that is just pure joy for someone else. When you know that a kid is going to be born to somebody who's at the right place and the right time, that's just a good thing. Lucky munchkin. Lucky parents.

Babies. What a terrific concept.

5 comments:

Desiree' said...

Ahhh babies. I love babies. It's kids I'm not that fond of. lol

FirePhrase said...

I find that there are fun things about each age. Especially if you're not the parent. You take your friend's kid out for the day and find out all the new things they can do - "You can take care of your own poop now? Awesome! Way to go, kid!" And by the time you find out the less charming aspects of their new phase . . . it's time to take 'em home!!

Desiree' said...

Yes, lucky you. I really wanted another baby until Clover moved in. She is the cutest thing, but I relish the small freedoms I have now. Freedom to pee anytime I want, freedom to sleep all night, freedom to give her back to her parents anytime I want. Its nice. But now I know, no more children for me. Ever.

Desiree' said...

Off topic note here. Is there anyway to send a private message through blogger?

FirePhrase said...

I haven't figured out how to send a private message thus far. Seems to be one of the downfalls of this platform versus Yahoo!360.

TIME: Quotes of the Day