Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Not even just "mostly dead"

My sister and I have been in a dead pool for over, I don't know, about 10 years now. It's been significant mainly for our astounding ability to pick people who manage to squeak by for another year. If you want to see someone live until 2009, make sure that they're on my list for 2008. Different people have come and gone from our little band of ghouls, but everybody has pretty much the same low mortality rate.

But, getting a relatively earlier start on the year, my sister has the first one in the pool since our beloved Estelle Getty has gone to that great Shady Pines in the Sky. Now admittedly, she was just playing the odds. But, dude, I can't believe she killed Sophia Patrillo. The only person I've ever offed in the pool was Sadaam Hussein. And let's face it - he had it coming.

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day