Monday, May 12, 2008

Don't confuse me with logic. Especially at night.

I had always heard that watching several horror movies in a row could give you nightmares. Seems reasonable. I wouldn't know. I can barely watch one through the finger screen, let alone several scream fests. But little did I know that watching a Eureka marathon could do the same thing.

Let's start with the nightmare. My usual, there's an intruder in my room nightmare. A sound alerts me. I'm frozen with fear. I don't know what to do. I try to figure out whether I can make it to the phone and dial 911. I jump from the bed, by this time I'm awake, but I can't shake the dream. It's still with me. I'm still scared.

But here's the twist. Before I jump from bed, I send out an alert regarding the intruder. Send help. Then I move around the house. I realize that there is, indeed, no stranger in my home. I contemplate, sending out a message that it was a false alarm. But if I do that, will they believe me? Will they think that the intruder has me and is forcing me to call off the help team. No, I'll just have to lie down and wait, and when they get here I can explain what happened as they search the house. Embarrassing.

Who's they? I don't know. How am I communicating with them? Oh. Telepathically. Uh-huh. And I should point out that I've been awake enough at this point that I've walked around my room, turned on lights, and totally freaked out the cat. And I'm still contemplating how to deal with the armed security detachment that will be soon entering my home. That's it. No more than 2 SciFi channel shows in a row.

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day