Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Deal breaker

Y'all may remember Mr. Fox. I blogged about him periodically. Oh, he of the snappy wardrobe and snazzy silver hair. When last we updated on Foxy, I had determined, after much non-threatening stalking, that he wasn't wearing a wedding band. Which lead me to the bifurcated conclusion that he was either a:) a single, metro-male, on the prowl in the city, or b:) gay.

Well, here's the update.

Yesterday, I got off the train, and was passed by Foxy on the way out to the parking lot. He's a quick little bugger. I did my usual style check. Hair, nice. Shirt, nice. Jeans, nice. Manly Man Commission approved "carry all", nice. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-thud. I come to a screeching halt at his feet. Man clogs.

There are (once again with the duality), only 2 reasons for man clogs: a:) gay, or b:) such a delusional sense of fashion as may require major anti-psychotic drugs to remedy. I take that back, you can be gay and delusional about fashion. It happens. So really there's only one reason. There's just no excuse for this heinous travesty in footwear. Other than that the doc needs to up your meds. And the wrongness of man clogs on Foxy may have scarred me for life. Ugh. I get the willies just thinking about it. So wrong. So very, very wrong. The only thing worse would have been man capris. Oh, dear god, I've got to stop. I'm just grossing myself out. It's over, baby. It's not me. It's definitely you.

Au revoir, mon petit renard argent. Tant pis. Tant pis.

6 comments:

momo said...

So I translated your French: Good-bye, my small fox money. So worse. So worse.

FirePhrase said...

Damn the rigors of the French language. Argent is also silver. And tant pis means loosely "too bad" or "what a shame". 6 years of high school and college French, and all I come up with is crappy pidgin. Money well spent, I tell ya.

WashingtonGardener said...

Were they Crocs or leather? Either way, he probably rocked them out - give him some slack - men get such a narrow fashion universe - I think they are okay, better than baseball caps on grown men IMHO.

Desiree' said...

Sorry to disagree with you here, but I love me some man capris. But clogs, no.

FirePhrase said...

Okay, they were leather. If they were Crocs, I would have started crying. Crocs on a good looking guy aren't just a deal breaker, they are a deal imploder.

I'm not saying he looked bad. It was just any amount of sexy cred he had went up in a little puff of blue smoke. Hot they're not.

FirePhrase said...

Man capris? Really? Are we talking the modified cargo pants that are more like long shorts? Or something that's close to what Mary Ann would wear on Gilligan's Island? Cause if a guy is wearing something that looks like he should be bringing me a coconut cream pie, I am out.

TIME: Quotes of the Day