Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ready for your close-up?

Well, looks like I’m basically getting a month off from ushering at the Performing Arts Center. I guess it’s a good thing. I mean, there’s a lot of stuff at home that I’ve let slide while I was gallivanting off to see free shows. Clean the pantry or Spring Awakening? Weed out my closet or Death of a Salesman? Dust the mantle or see Superman? Hmmmmm.

So, for the wellbeing of my home, it’s actually a good thing. But going cold turkey is going to be tough. I’ve had a pretty steady source of the good stuff for over 6 months. And now, nothing. I may have to start forcing my friends to perform musicals in my living room.

4 comments:

glorm said...

So where and when are the auditions?

Does it matter that I can't sing?

FirePhrase said...

Rex Harrison couldn't sing. There are ways around these things.

And don't worry. Any nudity will completely tasteful.

WashingtonGardener said...

I cannot sing - but can fake it as long as the accompanying music is turned up loud enough - plus I know ALL the roles in Jesus Christ Superstar by heart - prepare to be amazed...

FirePhrase said...

Having the travel spot installed in the living room as we speak.

TIME: Quotes of the Day