Thursday, April 8, 2010

Doesn't play well with others

I saw on CNN that the US Marshall’s have a tape of some militia leader going off on tape about “the new world order”. Lots of your right-wing-nuts HATE the new world order. Some of them think it’s run by Jews. Some of them think it’s run by communists. Some of them think it’s run by big corporate. Some think it’s the communist Jews who run the big corporations (and I congratulate them on the agility of their mental gymnastic skills – 10.0 from the US judge). But, whatever their fundamental prejudice is, it gets projected onto some secret shadow organization that is out to rule the world – mwah-ha-ha-ha!

Now, personally, I wouldn’t put it past some people in this world. To crib my favorite TV quote: People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. The only thing that saves us from getting barcode tattoos on our foreheads, issued by the new world order, is the fact that I don’t think that you could get the number of people it would take to create a new world order to agree on what exactly a new world order would be for long enough for them to institute a new world order. Have you ever tried to get 10 people to agree on what they wanted to do for lunch? Now try to get them to agree on how they’re going to run the entire planet – “I want an oligarchy!” “No, we had an oligarchy last week. Let’s do a dictatorship.” “Dictatorships give me heartburn. I want to be king of the world.” (That last guy was James Cameron. And I do think he is a big enough egomaniac to try.)

Plus, add to that the fact that nobody has talked. Human beings are just not that good at keeping secrets. Somebody would have given the exclusive to TMZ by now – Next up, is there trouble behind the scenes at the new world order? . . . an “insider” talks exclusively with Harvey Levin.

So really, the great hope of the world is that fact that we’re argumentative, can’t follow instructions and gossipy. See? There’s always a silver lining.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

>>Plus, add to that the fact that nobody has talked.<<
Cause the blabbermouths are All DEAD - that keeps the rest pretty quiet, if you know what I mean.

FirePhrase said...

Ah, the omerta theory. Interesting. But even the mafia has it's stoolies. They all end up in a town just south of Phoenix. Don't ask me how I know that.

TIME: Quotes of the Day