Monday, August 24, 2009

Things that don't fit in a 3-1-1 bag

Well, I just got back from my trip to DC. Up at the ass crack of dawn to catch my flight, so I’m just cheerful as all heck, as you can imagine. And as usual, it will take me a few days to process everything that came up and get it posted here.

But let’s start in reverse order of occurrence, as this morning’s adventure is a nice amuse bouche of a story.

So, I’m at the airport screening, and the TSA guy at the x-ray is looking at my bag, and calls over his supervisor. I here “Heh, heh, heh, you know what I’m thinking that is.” What I’m sure he thought he was looking at was a battery-operated, female recreational device of a personal nature. What he was actually looking at was my electric razor. If it had been the other thing, I would be a far more adventurous person than he was assuming. And not that there’s anything wrong with it. But, guess what, boys. I’ve heard of FedEx. And if I had any “little friends” to take with me on a weekend trip, I’d have the sense to send them by 2-day delivery. My luggage does not exist to give you chimps a cheap laugh. Especially not at 6:30 in the morning.

3 comments:

momo said...

Welcome home ... I'm sure you have MANY stories to tell !!!

WashingtonGardener said...

I pack my electric razor too and you'd THINK the # of these plus the # of other "similar" items would get old pretty quickly -- maybe these were newbies or just exceedingly immature.

FirePhrase said...

The amount of nudge and wink that went on kind of proved the "small minds" saw. Your tax dollars at work. The people who will save you from terrorists.

TIME: Quotes of the Day