Thursday, July 30, 2009

Jude Law - Mr. Zero

I’m actually kind of curious to see what happens with Jude Law now that another baby-mama has crawled out of the woodwork. He’s a talented young man of extraordinary good looks (I don’t particularly care for the exquisite type, but I see the appeal), but he’s also a bit of a whore. Just saying.

I mean really, to the casual observer it would appear that he drove his first wife to a mild case of crazies, cheated on his next one-and-only by banging the nanny on a pool table (gentlemanly), and now he’s impregnated another young woman with whom he doesn’t appear to have had hopes sharing the golden years with. You have to admit. A little whorey.

And yet, he seems to work regularly. At what point does a messy private life start to affect your career as a performer? Somewhere between Hugh Grant and Mel Gibson, obviously. Call it the Colin Farrell Coefficient. The appropriate balance of bad boy hijinx and puppy dog contrition. And of course, the cute accent can be a help.

But at a certain point, you just don’t want to see their sleazy little face any more. I believe in trying to separate the private life from the performer. But some people really seem to push it. At this point, if I saw Jude Law as a romantic lead, I’d be yelling at the screen, “Don’t do it, girl. That man is a dog. Get yourself a hero.”

6 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

That is how I'm feeling about Liev Schrieber these days too. And how I've ALWAYS felt about Lance Armstrong - I want to run up to the girls/women and yell Do NOT look into the light!

WashingtonGardener said...

Whoopsie - maligned the wrong gent, meant Balthazar Getty not Liev Schreiber! Wrong German-descended hottie.

FirePhrase said...

Liev Schrieber is kinda getting there. With Lance Armstrong, Matthew McConnaughey comes with the package as his other girlfriend. Deal breaker.

FirePhrase said...

Wasn't it LS who did the on-again-off-again, date inappropriate women in between thing with Naomi Watts? Or was that BG? In addition to the names they have the same head shape.

victory4angela said...

BG is on "Brothers and Sisters" and he cheated on his wife in a pretty skanky way too. I don't think Liev Schrieber cheated on Naomi (could be wrong). I have a hard time now liking BG's character on that show because of his personal life. (Oh, and I mix those two guys up all the time too).

Unknown said...

Looks like I may have painted Liev Schreiber with a douchie Balthazar Getty brush. Many apologies to Liev.

Maybe it would help if one of them had a mildly disfiguring accident. Nothing too bad. Just enough that you could say "The one with the scar."

TIME: Quotes of the Day