Friday, June 19, 2009

Deja Vu All Over Again

Reunion.com is starting to bug the snot out of me. I'm not even really sure why I have a profile there. I think all the people who knew me in high school know where to find me. All 10 of them. But just on the off chance, that someone needed to find me (to what, borrow my notes from Mr. Howell's class?), I keep it active.

But then they started sending me notices when somebody looked at my profile. Then searched for my name. Obviously, they desperately seeking, because they didn't contact me. So, why do I care? Now they add in when I get GOOGLED! Ugh. Not something I need to know. And frankly, I'm not egocentric enough to think that every time my name gets plugged in (none too frequently I might add), that they are actually looking for me. My name isn't all that weird.

So basically, either they are trying to spur my paranoia (no help needed, thank, I've got that covered) or they are trying to help me re-live my high school days - hey, I think that guy is looking at you. Bluh. I was very happy to leave high school, thank you very much. Flashbacks are neither required nor appreciated. What's next e-mails that say "Do you remember me? Check yes or no!"?

4 comments:

momo said...

They notify me every time ANYONE who EVER attended my high school during during those four years signs the guestbook. The upper classmen I recognize, but who remembers those pesky freshman when you're a senior?

WashingtonGardener said...

That site is ANNOYING, but can;t BELIEVE you used that headline -- 50 lashes!

FirePhrase said...

Actually probably knew people 1 up and 1 down. I know they're trying to drum up business, but what they're actually doing is training me to ignore their e-mails. Why should I pay attention when they never tell me anything I need to know? Hmm. Like some people I know.

FirePhrase said...

Sorry, WG. Some days the headlines come. And some days you just spout the first cliche that comes to mind.

TIME: Quotes of the Day