Friday, April 10, 2009

The valiant hunter returns

Okay, so I wanted the next Dante Valentine book from Lilith Saintcrow. Not want. Need. Desired. Felt an overwhelming compulsion to have. So I went to the Halfie. They only had the 5th book (which I took). I went to the mega-Halfie; the second book of the Jill Kismet series – which was nice. But not what I was looking for, seeing as I haven't read the first one yet (took it anyway).

I was crushed. So, in desperation I went to the snobby Halfie (all the sales people have a case of the snoots because they’re in a snazzy part of town, not seeming to realize they work in a used book store, puhlease).

I found books 2, 3 and 4. Completes the set, thank you very much. That’s right. Shake it to the left! Shake it to the right! How ya like me now? I nearly tied all of them to the hood of my truck, and drove home honking my horn. And they had the first book of the Kismet series. Oh, yeah. I am the used book NINJA!

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day