Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Everything I know about mythology I learned from Clash of the Titans*



A remake of Clash of the Titans. Why, yes, thank you. I believe I will have a slice of that.


Clash of the Titans was horrible. Wonderfully horrible. Deliciously horrible. "Oh, sweet Jesus, is that Lawrence Olivier?" horrible. Horrible with a lemon twist. And I loved it. But I can totally see a remake. And I definitely think they need to bring back Clockie the Owl, or whatever his name was.


My only question is who's the baddie? The article says Hades. But my memory says it was Caliban (in the original, a truly dagitrocious mixture of half-assed claymation, and fully-assed creature makeup). I actually hope they do go off book and make it Hades, played by somebody yummy. I loves a bad boy. Especially a bad boy with a good day job.


* Actually, this is not true. But CotT was responsible for me diving into the old Edith Hamilton and reading the real myths. Good stuff.

4 comments:

victory4angela said...

I never saw the original. I thought it was too horrible to watch, but I could do a better remake. The lead guy from 300 would be a good fit for Hades.

FirePhrase said...

Gerard Butler? Pick me up off the floor.

I'd recommend viewing CotT after drinking no less than 3 margaritas. Just on that hazy borderland between totally tanked and cheerfully passed out.

WashingtonGardener said...

I LOVED CotT then - exact right age for it -- and love it evenmore now -- Harry Hamlin and Ursula Andress - both stil hot.

No recall of "Hades" but I nominate the Gilles guy for SatC movie and Dancing with the Stars fame - whether he can act or not.

FirePhrase said...

I could do Gilles (heehee). But my mind automatically flashed to the guy who played Nathan Stark on Eureka. Somehow, whenever I look at him, I think "Toga! Toga! Toga!"

http://www.scifi.com/eureka/cast/index.php?sub=stark

TIME: Quotes of the Day