Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring in my step






On my Monday off, I went to the Dallas Arboretum's Dallas Blooms! (exclamation point there's, not mine). Though I guess the exuberant punctuation is warranted. The floral presentation is definitely something to see. I believe the number of flowers quoted by the helpful volunteer was 148,000 (with a cheeky suggestion that we should count for ourselves).
Tulips, pansies, azaleas, snapdragons, oh my. And much, much more. After awhile, my eyes just got a little blurred at so much gorgeousness, and I was kind of happy to get to the quietly pretty fern walk.
The Dallas Arboretum definitely puts on the dog for spring.

4 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

Nice - looking forward to coming for GWA In 2010 - I'm sure we;ll get the full Dallas Arboretum experience.

FirePhrase said...

There's also the Texas Discovery Gardens, which I'm planning to visit this spring as well. I think they're more focused on the native plants and I'm kind of curious.

I'll have the grotty bathroom all fixed by the time you get here so that I can play hostess with the mostess.

WashingtonGardener said...

Save a scrap of that bad wallpaper - maybe frame it - gotta see it :-)

FirePhrase said...

you think you want to see it. But then when the reality hits you, and you discover that there isn't enough mental Lava soap in the world to clean that image out of your head.

TIME: Quotes of the Day