Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Like a steak to the heart

You know, before I did this whole "give meat up for Lent" thing, I'd look at the recipe section of the paper and see all these lovely sounding recipes for vegetarian dishses. I though, "Oh, well. See? Look how easy it will be."

What do I get today? The NY Times is doing a whole love letter to CUBE STEAK. The vegetable dish the offer? Beets with Garlic-Walnut Sauce.

Oh, well. You know what? Screw you too, New York Times. I hate you back. And just to prove I'm not making up this gahki concoction:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/04/dining/041mrex.html?ref=dining

I think you can actually do a SAT analogy on that one - Garlic : Vampires :: Beets with Walnut-Garlic Sauce : Julie. Hiiiisssss! Gaaaaaahhhhh!

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day