Friday, March 6, 2009

is it just me?



Or is this guy what would happen if Javier Bardem and Robert Downey Jr. mated? (Pause to picture that) Or is he some kind of mad scientist experiment done with recombinant DNA? (Pause to wonder how long it would take me to become a molecular biologist and raise money for some kickass lab equipment) Evidently, his name is Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and he's in the new Watchmen movie (stillll not enough inducement to get me to go see it - Billy Crudup's glowing blue "anatomy" not withstanding). I volunteer to check Jeffrey DowneyBardem Morgan's tummy to see if he's got a belly button. Cause that's how you can tell if somebody was grown in a lab. It's a fact. It's science.

6 comments:

victory4angela said...

He's been hanging out on Grey's Anatomy. He died a few seasons back, but he's been haunting (and having crazy ghost relations with) his very much alive girlfriend. Hellooo, where you been?

FirePhrase said...

Unfortunately, I don't do doctor shows. Or lawyer shows, or politician shows. So that means I missed Allie McBeal, The West Wing and ER. I made a 2 season exception for House, but that was only because it's really a police procedural in disguise, and Hugh Laurie has the prettiest eyes on the planet.

WashingtonGardener said...

I do not watch Grey's either - I watch my soaps at lunchtime not at night - Lol. But I did see him in promos and was keeping my eye on this one...

FirePhrase said...

I think I burnt myself out on the soaps in high school. I haven't really done a soapy show, day or night, since (No Melrose, no Desperate Housewives). Though, I have to say, those The Return of Philip Spaulding commercials from the Guiding Light that they are playing on the radio right now are giving me flashbacks - in a good way. Tempting, but no. Though if they brought back Santa Barbara I'd be down like a circus clown.

victory4angela said...

You've hit on pretty much all the shows I watch: Grey's, Allie McBeal, West Wing (only season 1 & 2 - got to preachy), ER (not the last 5 seasons), Melrose, Desperate Housewives, and throw in Brothers & Sisters too. I guess I gave up on daytime soaps in college. When I was home recovering from chemo all those months, I refused to watch soaps. Boy was it hard! Not much on in the daytime, but I pulled through it.

FirePhrase said...

It's actually kind of hard not to watch the Desperate Housewives et al. For years, "Did you watch [fill in popular nighttime soap name] last night?" Still no. I also classify Smallville (soap opera with capes) and Friends(soap opera with coffee cups) in this same range. Which means I spend a lot of time staring into the middle distance mentally singing the Gilligan's Island theme while my friends discuss what happened last night.

TIME: Quotes of the Day