Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sign o' the times

I hardly believe I'm saying this. I think I've had enough schadenfreude. I know. Gasp. Not that I've ever enjoyed just straight misfortune for other people. I just like it when it specifically involves the cocky, the entitled and the over-rated. Even, occasionally, when the cocky, the entitled and the over-rated is me. I even think it's funny when I get taken down a peg or two.

But lately, there's enought misfortune going around. I don't want to hear about the misery of others. I realized this when I saw that the Crazy Kid Lady/octuplets mom might lose her house. That just sucks. Not that I'm going to give her money to support her weirdoid lifestyle. But it still sucks.

I think this may be why TV shows like Highway to Heaven and Touched by an Angel flourish at times like these. Something nice. Where good people get help when they're in trouble. And bad people realize the error of their ways and decide to be good people. Nobody loses their house. The couple who just want honest work to support their family find it. There's a way out and we'll find it. Together. Awwww.

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day