Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The litter campaign - continued

Well, I've been thinking about it. I need to start smaller than a statewide campaign. I need to start grassroots. Small. Viral. Uhm, cheap. What I really need to do is figure out how this is done on the small scale before I start trying to wrangle an entire state. I don't have the resources, financial or mental, to do anything huge. I need to work up to the big fight.

So, I'm going to start campaigning directly to the people I understand. Moderate to severe hippie-freaks. Malcontents, with a sense of humor. People who aren't really "joiners" but like to contribute. People who do things because they like doing the right thing, not because somebody "said so". People who are basically lazy, but will get off their butts for a good cause. My people.

I have my idea (more later, I'm being a little bit of a secret squirrel about it right now - I don't know why), and I'll have the big premiere once I've got things figured out. I'm suffering from major delusions of grandeur right now, which I'm fighting valiantly to keep under control. But I hope it will work, even in a small way. I've got to figure out how to create a logo and how to get some bumper stickers or buttons or something. Maybe even t-shirts. Whoa! Settle down there, cowgirl.

But all my little wheels are turning. It's kind of a gas. So keep your ears open. I'll be back atcha soon!

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

WHAT is it? Damn - you know I have no patience.

FirePhrase said...

I'm really close. I think I may have come up with a way to do a decent logo. I'm just working out some sizing problems. But I hope to have it all worked out and be ready for the big reveal (gods I watch too much reality tv) by the end of the week.

TIME: Quotes of the Day