Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It ain't salmon they're smoking

Personally, I don't partake in herbal refreshment. It would stunt my growth. But I understand that there are people who do indulge for "medicinal" purposes. And, in this case, I'll have to make an exception. Whatever the people at PETA are smoking, they need to pass that sh** on around. Cause it is evidently primo.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=99249669

Sea kittens? This is like the idea that your friends who've been up at 4 in the morning (to use the HIMYM euphemism) "eating sandwiches" call you up to tell you this brilliant idea they came up with.

And to PETA I say the same thing I would tell to the people calling me at the asscrack of dawn to tell me that they're going to solve global warming by getting everybody on the planet to chew Mentos with their mouth open - put it down. You've had enough.

3 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

PETA lost me here too - fish are in no way as cute or cuddly as kittens. Plus kittens love to eat some fish. Is that really image to put together? They are not going to get far with this one.

WashingtonGardener said...

Just realized - wouldn't salmon be "River kittens"? See now THAT image is just not right - too many drowned pillowcases full of kittens to have river/lake/pond and cats in the same phrase :-( Would it imply salmon are the reincarantions of these little lost souls?

FirePhrase said...

I'm guessing that PETA has decided that they have a better chance of winning hearts and minds if they go after the elementary school demographic. But going by the article, even the kids aren't really buying it.

They could be reincarnated drowned kitties. Or maybe that river is too close to the nuclear power plant. Frankencatfish.

TIME: Quotes of the Day