Friday, January 16, 2009

Erg

Okay, well, poo.

I had planned to put out my anti-litter campaign today. But accepting the sage advice of others, I'm going out this weekend to buy real graphic design software to create my logo. After much research and bugging more knowledgable people, I've decided I can get buy with something rudimentary, but do need something that is actually designed for this purpose. Not just me dinking around with my PowerPoint program if I want results that don't look like they're smeared in Vaseline, and can be used by a variety of sources.

Sigh.

Okay, I'm ready to soldier on. I eat adversity for breakfast. It's the fuel of greatness. Okay, not really. I'd much prefer that this be easy. But I'm trying not to be a big old wuss-burger.

So I'm off to the Fry's tonight to buy some kind of software. Maybe I can find something that says "For ages 6 to 12" on the box. That's about my speed. I'm hoping that I'll have time over the weekend to learn the basics and have something cranked out my Tuesday. Because what I want to do really is major basic. Simple is my forte.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

Good luck - I have Illustrator, even took classes, but can barely do simple functions on it. It can be frustrating to work with the graphics programs - hang in there.

FirePhrase said...

I'm having trouble finding a copy of Illustrator for Mac. All I can find is the big version for ganga bucks. I'm trying a shareware program at the moment to see if I can get anything usable. Double erg.

TIME: Quotes of the Day