Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yankee Doodle Dandy

The picture is from a weekly e-mail I get from Tuesday Morning. I loves me some Tuesday Morning. It's a shopping experience that runs the gamut of emotions from the elation of "I can't believe the bargain!" to the terror of "Who the flying fish would want to buy that?" Some people on this planet really do scare me.

And I really just can't thank Tuesday enough for this sensational shopping opportunity. Nothing says "patriot" like slapping the stars and bars on an overgrown pool floaty with a tow rope. What could be more appropriate, or truly American, than flying around the lake on a giant rubber raft decked out in the red, white and blue (and safety yellow). I get teary-eyed just looking at it. It makes those giant banana rafts look almost tasteless.
Note to self: Get to Tuesday Morning first thing, before Super Dave Osborne buys them all up.

4 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

This is not in MY Tues Morn ad email - I shall now commence a complaint letter.

FirePhrase said...

Oh, I certainly would. To withhold this unique shopping opportunity is absolutely cruel. I would use the strongest language possible to express my disappointment. Giant, patriotic rubber rafts should not be taken lightly.

victory4angela said...

I just wanna know where they are for the water to be THAT blue?? It's certainly not any lakes around here.

FirePhrase said...

I think the only place the water is that color is Disney. And they appear seem to have some sort of weird problem with people bringing their own giant inflatable rafts and riding around the EPCOT reflecting pool. Zeesh. You try to have a little fun.

TIME: Quotes of the Day