Monday, June 9, 2008

Sweet Tomato



Tomatoes. Latest in a long line of things that should be healthy, that should be anxiety free, that should taste like health and vitality, that you shouldn't have a second's thought about putting in your body, but could make you violently ill. Last night I was cutting up some fresh strawberries for dessert. I stopped in mid-cut, and wondered if I should go onto Yahoo!News to see if there's been a recall on strawberries. You know, just so I don't give my guests food poisoning.


Every time one of these things happens, the ROI on one of those little home hydroponics machines looks more and more attractive. Sure, you've grown yourself a $20 tomato. But it won't kill you.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

I guess my love of cherry tomatoes works to my advantage again.

But really is it the tomatoes in these McD sandwiches or something else?

FirePhrase said...

It's probably a question of timeline. The tomatoes will kill you tomorrow. The rest of the sandwich will kill you 20 years from now. In that time you'll have eaten a lot more sandwiches. Mickey D is no dummy.

TIME: Quotes of the Day