Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman

Okay. I’m just having one of those days. Or a few one-of-those-days. And one of the blessings of getting older as a woman and my little biological clock winding down is that they are fewer and further between.

It’s one of those hormonal things. Where the normal, rational, reasonable, lovely person that you normally are is turned into a pile of dry straw and the world is aflame. One little spark and you’re going to turn into flash of light and a puff of smoke faster than a joint at a Snoop Dogg show. (And by you I do indeed mean me.) There are a million little things that might get under your skin in any given day, and usually you can just bat them aside. Rubber neckers, bap. 2 empty coffee pots, puuf. Having to say the same thing 6 times and still getting a stunned look the 7th time those words come out of your mouth, wha-pah! You just protect the plate and launch those little annoyances safely outside the base lines.

But when the hormone express is pulling through town, not only do you not have the capacity to suffer slings and arrows, you just don’t damn want to. You lookin’ at me? Cause it looks like you’re looking at me. Yeah, I dinn’t think so. Walk. A. Way.

And really, I don’t enjoy these little low points in the cycle. Never have. And I’m really not sad to see them tail off. I miss the happy bounce of a taught booty and my collagen every day. But once these little moments of spark and fury are gone, I won’t miss them a bit. Not at all.

3 comments:

glorm said...

It just isn't fair, is it?

FirePhrase said...

Hey, Glo! There you are!

Not fair. But really. Better than having a penis, no? Talk about inconvenient. Don't know how the boys do it. Wants to make all their decisions and gets caught in your fly. Thanks but no. Great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live with one in my trousers.

glorm said...

Yes, here I am and laughing very, very hard.

I am one of those caught in Blogger's second problem of May. Learned of a temporary fix until they get it working properly again.

TIME: Quotes of the Day