Thursday, December 16, 2010

If you don't have anything nice to say . . . come sit by me.

Well, Miss Gwyneth is getting lots of buzz for being a "best dressed" for this one. And I agree. She must have been the prettiest girl at Scores that night. Nothing like a laced up side-slit to say, "They don't call this a "gentleman's club" for nothing, mister." Course, given the view we have, I'm not really sure where the tip would go. G-strings are fun and functional, Gwynnie.

Alright, alright. I know I'm being a bitch about this. But sometimes, if you're going to wear something, yes, I'm going to talk about you. Yes, she looks gorgeous. Yes, she can get away with it. Yes, the dress is hot as hell. Hot. And whorey. Or strippery. Because, frankly, I've seen way too many dresses like this on actual strippers (don't ask me how) to not recognize the inspiration. Of course if this were an actual stripper, she wouldn't have the nun neckline.

And I'm from Texas. I have a genetic predisposition to point out when somebody showed up at the party showing off the good china. But, here's a little secret, if you are the girl who shows up in the little cha-cha dress, we just love you. Don't ever stop. You're the bit of sauce that makes the dish. Every party needs a little something to talk about.

Cheers, Gwynnie. You look . . . amazing. Yes, that's the word. I truly am amazed.

2 comments:

glorm said...

This is a most interesting dress--and yes, she does look good.

No jewelry (that I can see) around the neck or wrists and, in your words, a nun-like dress. In words, that sounds so blah. Thus, one would have to doll it up. How? Why, a slit of course, but, um, maybe not quite so high.

It is nice to see a gown not cut down to the waist once in awhile.

As a sewer I must add: this looks like a fitting dress, meant to be tried on, fitted, then a garment can be designed from it. That is, until you keep looking downward.

FirePhrase said...

I'm not super crazy about the fit in the shoulders. Looks like it pulls.

I agree on the high neckline. But I think that backless navy dress Hilary Swank did a few years back was much more effective in the hide and show department. The round neck in white just looks very Sister Mary Joseph to me.

[Word verification "mirth" - BTW.]

TIME: Quotes of the Day