Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wildflowers and country roads

Well, I’m all excited. I’m taking off early tomorrow afternoon for a road trip. That’s right – ROAD TRIP! My niece is 99.9% decided on Texas State as her first choice college, and we think if she actually sees the town it will seal the deal. So we’re toddling down to the hill country to soak up the atmosphere and see what we can see.

And it’s a great time to do it too. This is the start of the wildflower season, and the Texas wildflower sightings blogs are saying things are starting to bloom. So – new development – I bought a real digital camera. Yes. It’s true. No more blurry camera phone snaps. I’ve got my fingers crossed for a nice field of blue bonnets to share with you.

Plus, it’s spring. I’ve got the itchy foot. Need to go hook up the gypsy wagon and ramble.

The weekend promises to be fair. I'm going to pack light, plan little and see what the next turn in the road brings. If I’m able to find a hot spot along the way, I might be able to post some pics. Otherwise, I’ll catch y’all on Monday. Hope you have a good one too!

3 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

I bet if you search your local Texas tweet streams for #wildflowers and variations on that, you'll get some nice, real-time sighting info too. I just saw today that in DC #blossoms and #Cherry Blosson are top 10 topics in our local tweet streams. Pretty good for a cold rainy Friday!

glorm said...

Have to ask: what are tweet streams?

WashingtonGardener said...

you know, the scrolling tweets that go by and you can dip your toe in and "refresh" once in a while or once in ablue moon - your choice

TIME: Quotes of the Day