Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wild, wild dressed

Maybe I’m going through a Lady GaGa phase. But suddenly, I’m loving bad fashion far more than I’m loving good fashion. Or “good” fashion. Because, what is fashion for if not to catch the eye? And frankly, if I see one more immaculately fitted, strapless, solid-color gown, I’ll just fall asleep right here. Yawn, yawn, yawn.

It’s the crazy-ass stuff I’m loving. Like Charlize Theron at the Oscars, with her folded-napkin-rose boobs. Or anything Tilda Swinton puts on. I want Helena Bonham Carter looking like she might have forgotten to change out of the costume on the way from a Tim Burton set. And, bien sur, La GaGa.

Or this!
From Rhianna. She looks like a superhero. Plantasma! It’s big. It’s jade green. It’s jersey knit. It’s got wings. It’s weird. I love it.

I’m tired of tasteful. I’m tired of “pretty”. I’m tired of right. I want wrong. I want so, so wrong. So wrong, that yeah, it's right.

4 comments:

victory4angela said...

But not on you, right? I'd love to see someone strut into my office in that outfit - it would make my day!

FirePhrase said...

here are not enough Spanx in the world to make to make that outfit on me okay. But Miss Rhi-Rhi is wearing it.

And there have been days when I've done a Helena Bonham Carter at the office. Completely unintentionally, but still.

WashingtonGardener said...

See taht is where I've been at for several years ago - ever since watchingthe CMAs and you could not tell the young country stars from the young Emmy crowd vs any other award show - bland, safe and BORING! Go for it and reflect your own character - Rhianna is a goddess in my world!

FirePhrase said...

I am on-board. At the award show, go crazy or stay home!

TIME: Quotes of the Day