Monday, January 4, 2010

NG

Okay, here’s something I’m not thrilled about – I think my widow’s peak is turning gray. Like faster than the rest of my hair. Like I may have a white stripe down the middle of my forehead. Greaaaaat. Just super.

Not that I’ve ever been fond of my little genetic anomaly. I think I was about six when the comparisons between my hairline and a certain famous Transylvanian started coming up. And having a five-head even as a child did not help. Plus, having a noble brow has necessitated bangs as a precaution against people projecting movies on my head. Try keeping bangs straight with a crotchety cowlick on top of a widow’s peak. Not easy.

And now this. I am not happy. Dye does not seem to be covering this little problem. If this keeps up, I’m going to look like Vampira, or like the evil girlfriend of the Alan Rickman part in the next Die Hard movie. Or worse, like the Sandra Bernhard part in the Hudson Hawk sequel.

7 comments:

glorm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
glorm said...

Mother Nature needs a talking to, by a lot of us.

FirePhrase said...

A talking to and a swift kick in the backside as far as I'm concerned.

I've been going gray for 10 years (as far as I know, or am willing to admit) gradually, so I don't have a lot to complain about. But I still will.

victory4angela said...

I don't know anymore if I'm going gray. ;) I was really worried about my hair coming back gray after that pesky chemo, but it didn't. I think I saw a few gray strands a couple of months ago (before I colored it). I definitely had a few gray hairs before chemo, so I am not surprised. Eh, my whole body is out of whack now. It doesn't know what is going on.

FirePhrase said...

At the very least, chemo proved you look cute in a pixie cut. Valuable information. If a crappy way to acquire it.

My hair has definitely gone to the more than a "few silver strands among the gold" stage. And store bought hair dye just isn't making the grade. It's a battle between lazy and cheap that doesn't want to go to a professional colorist, and totally freaked about going gray.

WashingtonGardener said...

what is WRONG with looking like Vampira?

FirePhrase said...

Nothing. If you have the classic Eastern European bone structure to pull it off. And boobs like Elvira don't hurt either. I have neither. I'd end up looking more like the mouth-breathing, low-level vampire lackey who gets killed in the second reel. The one played by Crispin Glover in drag.

TIME: Quotes of the Day