Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Glee TV

Okay, so DYING for Glee tonight. Making me wait from the spring premiere until now for the show start is an appropriately high school tease tactic, but this ain't no purity pact. Time to either put up or shut up. And I've got my fingers crossed and my nerves in knots on whether Glee can live up to its promise.

Let's face it, this show was created for geeks like me. Even though my singing voice sounds like a cat caught in a cement mixer, I am the Queen of show tunes in my living room. I do choreography, people. And it's my living room, I do what I want. And what I want is jazz hands. And if I could figure out a way to rig a follow spot, I'd do that too. Honestly, if it weren't for that whole "please don't sing, Julie. EVER" thing, I would form my own glee club right now.

[Sidebar: has anyone else seen the previews of Were the World Mine? Must say, I'm intrigued. And I've been singing that "Oh, why refuse him who loves yooouuu so . . ." bit from the commercials over and over and over again in my head for weeks. Could be scrumptious.]

Anyway, I'm on pins and needles to see if Glee can keep up the funny - and give me a weekly showstopper. And you wouldn't believe how hard it is to type with fingers crossed.

8 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

from the teaser commercial for tonight it looks like a big YES for your ? - I'll be watching :-)

FirePhrase said...

I'm stoked that I've got my DVR pre-set (unusually proactive of me) and can stop at the grocery for some high school appropriate snack food (star crunch? cheetos? ruffles and french onion dip?) even if I'm running late tonight. I love you, my darling DVR.

victory4angela said...

I finally caught the show last week when they re-ran it and LOVED it! My DVR has been set to record it ever since.

I love that it's kind of a cross between the sweetness of American Pie, Election, and a whole host of really good HS shows. The jock reminds me of Chris Klein.

FirePhrase said...

I really like that they just barely keep it on the rails as far as realism. It never full on jumps to camp or farce. But you can smell the camp somewhere in the vicinity. And it's not any more farcical that high school actually is. And of course, Jane Lynch is a utility player who always brings the funny.

victory4angela said...

I missed most of it since I worked really late, but I caught the "Push It" dance number and song - Yeah! I loved seeing the disgust on the teacher's face while the Principal bopped his head along to the music. Quite risque choreography, which only added to the humor. I DVRd it so I should catch it tomorrow (when this $*&$#)* proposal is done).

FirePhrase said...

Damn you, proposals! Damn you to HELL! Or you'll love it once it's done. RFPs are like children. They can be monsters when they're awake, and sleep like angels once they're "put to bed."

I love that the Push It sequence had the naughty choreography, but everybody was still dressed in choir geek clothes. Juxtaposition is everything.

Not to spoil, but the bulimia scene has what will possibly be my favorite tv line of the year.

WashingtonGardener said...

My fave as the copying machine aftermath in the pincipal's office :-)

The jock IS Chris Klein 2 andthe Glee teacher is channeling Juston Timberlake.

FirePhrase said...

Who hasn't been in that copy machine meeting?

I'd say the jock is Chris Klein, but about 24% less sleazy. And way right on the Justin Timberlake call.

TIME: Quotes of the Day