Thursday, March 12, 2009

Look! Out in the street! It's . . .

I’m thinking that I may need to develop another secret, superhero identity. I already have the Ponytail Avenger who has been a very effective for me. But yesterday, I discovered that there is an even more invincible feeling than wielding silver scissors in the pursuit of 50-year-old balding men with scraggly ponytails that need to be removed. I discovered

GALOSHES GIRL!

Able to leap wide puddles in a single bound! But why should she? She can tromp through ginormous puddles without any risk to her feet. She can stride the city streets without any fear that her pants legs will be soggy all day, since they are safely tucked inside her wellies. Her socks unsodden. Her feet warm and dry.

She’s Galoshes Girl! Rain on, you darkened skies. I shall not fear you. I laugh in the face of showers. Oh, gutter where is thy victory? Oh, puddle wear is thy sting?

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day