Monday, January 5, 2009

Drink a cup of kindness

In all the rush of the New Year, I forgot my annual "grateful" post. So here it is:

Thanks to everybody who has wandered in to read the ramblings of a semi-sane babbler. Or babblings of a semi-insane rambler. Especially "thank you" to Washington Gardener, Angela J., Mo and Des for your comments, and making sure to call me on it when I wander off the "semi" path. I appreciate ya.

Thanks to the Dallas theater community for giving me lots to talk about in 2008. I'm always in debt to people who work to keep me amused. Not that keeping me amused is that hard. Any shiny object will do. But you went above and beyond the call.

On the literary front: Thanks to Neil Gaiman for the Graveyard Book. You know I'm just hanging around waiting for the next big book. But tasty little tidbits like this make the wait bearable. And thanks to Emma Bull for the best book I read all year (Tombstone) - I want MOOOORRRRREEEE! Please.

Muchas gracias to Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers for all the good music, and the great road trip. And also thank you to any friend I strong armed into going to a show - especially you, Mo. You're a trooper.

And thanks to the great state of Texas. If you were half as nuts, I would have nothing to blog about. And ditto that for the entire Presidential election, Wall Street and anything else I sit and watch on AC360 feeling a nice cleansing outrage over. If it weren't for doinks like you, I'd never get to feel superior.

And, of course, as always - thanks to Hugh Jackman. Just for being you. Kisses.

It was a rough year. And the next one isn't looking any smoother. But that's okay. We're just going to grab hands and kick on. Life is what we make it. And y'all make it fun. Thank you.

2 comments:

momo said...

Well, it's only fair as I drag you off to see the Red Elvis's from time to time :)

FirePhrase said...

Always a pleasure, Mo.

TIME: Quotes of the Day