Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Senora Frog


As promised, here's a pic of one of the frogs I'm doing for my nieces. Her green sister is still in progress, and only has about half of one arm at the moment. I'm a really basic crocheter. Nothing fancy. But luckily this pattern from Lion Brand just cruises the edges of my abilities. And of course, I had to put my own stank on it. I doubled the size, and did knitted i-cord arms and legs. The single crochet limbs on the original pattern looked to wimpy. A frog's gotta have some jumping power, ya know? If I can get done with the green frog in time, I think I'm going to go back and put blue lips on this one. The red lips just aren't enough of a contrast.
Technically, my nieces are probably too old for stuffies. But it's still kind of fun to get one on Christmas.

4 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

I agree on darker lips - didn;t know this had any until you pointed it out. Too cute though - I see a shop on Etsy in your near future :-)

FirePhrase said...

Thanks! I've actually got a couple of other patterns cooking in my noggin, based off of this one. I'm thinking possibly a cute littl owl. And maybe . . . slippers! What? No! Yes! I know. It takes so little to make yarn people happy.

momo said...

Careful, you might be starting a tradition. My mom makes crocheted clowns for my daughter every bday and Christmas. They have bouncy arms and legs and a styroform head and hat. Her final one was for her high school graduation.

FirePhrase said...

Oh, making it an annual thing would be okay. But I think I'll make them different animals every year. I've seen the clowns before. Very cute. But those springy arms are a lot of work.

TIME: Quotes of the Day