Thursday, October 9, 2008

Subliminal Advertising

Being a proud Sun Devil (!), I don't have a dog in this fight. But, being a Dallas resident, I'm aware of the UT/OU rivalry. The big University of Texas v. Oklahoma game is played here during the state fair. Lots of excitement. So as one of the big rah-rahs for the game, Sprinkles is doing a support your team kind of fund raiser with Longhorn vanilla cupcakse and Sooner red velvet cupcakes. Somehow, I can't help but think this one is rigged. Not because the Sooners are made of that tasty southern delicacy - the red velvet cake. Look at them:




Am I the only one noticing that the Sooner cupcakes look like breasts? Call me dirty minded, but the top half of that tray of cupcakes looks like the happy hour lunch at the Million Dollar Gentlemen's Club (not that I'd actually know what the happy hour lunch at the Million Dollar looks like, I'm just saying). I keep imagining dozens of guys from UT stuffing red velvet cupcakes in their mouthes and saying "mmmphmpmh - I know I'm supposed to buy the Longhorn ones, but I don't know why these OUs just seem to taste so good."

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

Yeah those CUPcakes runneth over...

FirePhrase said...

And I think possibly it's very cold in that bakery.

TIME: Quotes of the Day