Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yes, Armageddon It

Okay, well, in case you were wondering, the Rapture didn’t happen. You weren’t Left Behind. Slight miscalculation, and we’re on hold until October. Hey. I get slight miscalculations. There was a reason I was an English major and not a physicist. You misspell a word, no big deal. But if you’re just a little bit off in the calculation of a comet’s trajectory, then you just got Bruce Willis killed for nothing. Embarrassing.

But anyway. I kind of get it with the Rapture people. I mean, if you really believe that the world is coming to an end, and all people have to do is say “yes” to Jesus and they’ll be sitting pretty on May 24th, instead of burning in a fiery conflagration of hell on Earth – then it kind of would be a dick move to not tell the world about it. So, you put yourself out there. Say, “Hey, what up, party people? Get yourself right with God cause the fan gets hit on Saturday.” They risked looking a little dumb today (they would look less dumb if they hadn’t maxed out the charge plates, but whatever), but it was the nice thing to do to give us a heads up. They could have just kept quiet.

I’m not going to be the one to say “told ya so”. I’m just going to let them have their little re-calc to October 25. But I’m still going to be making plans for Halloween.

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day