Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm a sucker for a boy with wings

Okay, I’m seeing this movie based on the movie poster alone. I’m actually quite shocked that I wasn’t aware of this one previously. And I’m trying to forgive you all for not keeping me informed of this kind of development. Even if it was on a need-to-know basis, this is something I NEED TO KNOW. He has BLACK WINGS.

And seriously, who knew Paul Bettany was packing? Yowza. Touché, sir. I underestimated the threat you posed.

Angels with guns, oh, my. I’m going to have trouble concentrating for the rest of the day. That list of movies just keeps on growing.

4 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

Did I ever tell you I met Paul Bettany at a screening for A Knight's Tale - charmed my pants off (okay, did not literally lose my pants that night, but one can dream...)

Apocalypse-Revelations-based movies are all my taste anyway, add Paul B and i'm FIRST in line.

FirePhrase said...

I LOVE it when they actually can wield the old charm in person. Actors who can't should avoid the public at all costs. "Reclusive", I believe is how they term it.

I'm also on-board for The Book of Eli, though it's been equally under-the-radar. I know January is the dross dumping ground, but most Hollywood studio execs wouldn't know great sci-fi if it bit them on their over-ripe asses, like a giant radioactive python from Mars.

WashingtonGardener said...

Paul B spoke of his busker/street performer roots in London and basically being a homeless actor for years - living off his wit and charm - think that made him a much better actor & person in general now

victory4angela said...

Kath-I didn't know that! Paul B is cute as a button with an awesome accent to boot. I bet that's how he landed Jennifer Connelly too.

TIME: Quotes of the Day