Thursday, December 31, 2009

Feeling resolute

Well, it’s New Years again. Yeah! I love a fresh start.

My 2009 resolution TANKED. Obviously had delusions of grandeur last year. Damn. And oh, well. Cleaning up litter in Texas was obviously beyond my humble skill set. That’s okay. I made a lot of personal strides to clean up litter (changed some of my consumption habits; found out that trash clean up days are fun; started some new recycling ventures). And if I find a way to get started again, I’ll get everybody in this damn state bitter about litter.

So 2010. Right! Yeah! The key to good resolutions? Lowered expectations. This year I’m going to officially re-dedicate myself to the small meals throughout the day plan. I had tried this and found it really did help my energy level. But I’ve way fallen off the wagon lately. The last two months have been very catch-as-catch-can as far as food goes, and I’ve been back in crash and burn mode. I don’t like it.

So, I’m going to get back in the saddle. Of course, I’m starting to get an inkling of my “Lent” project for the year. And, if I decide to go the route I’ve been eyeballing, the small meals thing is going to be extra complicated. Here’s a hint – it will be the opposite of a process of elimination. Hmmmmmm.
Anyway. I’m looking forward to a new year, New Year’s and a new decade. The start of the century was kind of bumpy. Farewell, Naughties. Hello, Teens! Who’d have thought I’d be excited to relive the Teens?

4 comments:

victory4angela said...

I'm going real low - my resolution is to drink more water. I am terrible at it and need to do it anyway.

My first test of my resolution is at my next CT scan at NIH on January 14th. If I don't drink enough water in the weeks leading up to the test, they have a much harder time getting the dange IV started and drawing blood. Drinking lots 'o water is a win-win for me no mater what.

FirePhrase said...

Sounds like a good one - simple but a big high side. I found a cheap glass pitcher at Ross. I fill it up at the fountain in the morning. The first day I thought I'd try really hard and drink the whole thing. I ended up re-filling at lunch and killing that one too. I found that it eliminates that, moment when I look down at the empty glass and think "Oh, shoot." But then forget about it and don't go fill my glass for an hour.

WashingtonGardener said...

I rarely make resolutions but this year, I may - I'm not doing it today though - just not feeling it - I have a workshop on Sunday afternoon for 'starting your home yoga practice' - I figure THAT will get me motivated and jumping into the new year

FirePhrase said...

Eh, it's a holiday weekend. Plenty of time to get to it. I'd say anything that starts by Monday would count.

TIME: Quotes of the Day