Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I feel so betrayed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/food/chi-fat-food-21jan21,0,7175689.story

WHAT!?!?!?!?! Eating a low-fat diet will give me 2 extra weeks to live? 2 weeks? You gotta be freaking kidding me. Not a decade. Not a year. Not even a month. 14 days. A fortnight.

I give up full fat yogurt, whole milk, yankee pot roast, bacon, butter, pork rinds, fried chicken, real ice cream, cheeseburgers, sour cream, baked brie, my mother's funeral potatoes, whipped, cream, greens cooked with ham and the good mashed potatoes, and what I get in return is 2 weeks? Okay. I didn't give them up entirely. But when I did eat them, I felt really, really bad about myself and could hardly enjoy them. For a stinking, measly 2 frogging weeks. I don't care if it's 2 weeks at an all-inclusive resort in Fiji being fed candied rose petals by Hugh Jackman while Gerard Butler gives me a foot massage. That is not worth giving up food that tastes like food for the rest of my life.

Pass. The. Bacon.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

Amen to that - life without sour cream is not worth living.

FirePhrase said...

I was at a establishment that offered refreshing beverages of an adult persuasion with a group, and there was a very serious discussion regarding the "everything is better with ______ on it" issue. As we know, I was boosting for bacon. But sour cream had a strong contingent. Butter and cheese were in the running too. Hmmm. All with high fat content. Wonder if that means something.

TIME: Quotes of the Day